|Geert De Peuter|
|Tingietersstraat 27 - 2300 Turnhout - Belgium - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Home +32 (014) 63.21.29 - Mobile +32 (0479) 53.90.02|
|Out of the box thinker and analytical problem solver with the focus on delivering pragmatic solutions to complex problems. Skilled in providing clear cut, to-the-point communication and making well balanced decisions in environments with quickly changing business requirements. Ability to communicate on any level within and outside the organization.|
Driven by flexibility and versatility, capable across all aspects of software development and project delivery, including requirement analysis, architecture and design, project planning and if the challenge requires it, get down to the technical detail.
As a chief architect of a product line exceeding $220M USD annual revenue, instrumental in sustaining and improving operational efficiency, while expanding offshore activities in India and Israel. A strong believer that innovation is a driver for growth, especially when combined with a good balance of passion and skill.
|Born: 1 August, 1972 in Borgerhout, Belgium.|
Civil status: married.
|IHAM - Antwerp, Belgium|
Masters In Electronics - Industrial Engineer Computer Engineering (Cum Laude)
|Dutch : mother tongue|
English : Fluent oral and written skills (three year relocation to Houston, TX)
French, German : adequate oral and written skills, but lack daily conversational experience
|Skills and Qualifications|
|Practical and theoretical expert in distributed Systems and Application management
|Seasoned developer (c,c++,java) and very familiar with scripting (perl, php, PSL)
|Practical experience in Agile development and common development methodologies
|Proven track record of maintaining product vision and translating this into execution and delivery
|Up-to-date knowledge of security, networking, virtualization, HA & DR
|Broad experience in relational database technologies
|Delivering on high Customer Satisfaction and managing Critical customer cases
- PATROL Tuning Guide
- PATROL Cookbook
- PATROL Advanced Knowledge Module Developer Training
|Publications: Intellectual Property|
- 7,765,346 : Dynamic Compression of Systems Management Data
- 8,117,361 : Dynamic Compression of Systems Management Data
- 8,301,755 : Impact Propagation in a Directed Acyclic Graph
- 8,051,164 : Impact Propagation in a Directed Acyclic Graph Having Restricted Views
- 8,082,275 : Service Model Flight Recorder
- 8,677,446 : Centrally Managed Impersonation
- 8,478,888 : Stateless, fault tolerant, load balanced data collection
- 8,645,555 : Stateless, fault tolerant, load balanced data collection
- 8,671,194 : Stateless, fault tolerant, load balanced data collection
- Dynamic Self-Configuration of Heterogeneous Monitor Agent Networks
- Method to provide IO transparency while retaining local processing
- Dynamic Folding of Listed items for Display
- Smart Impact Views
|Leadership Qualities: Chief Architect Product Line|
- Technical responsability of products exceeding $110m in annual license bookings and $120m in maintenance.
- Experience with driving technical leadership in offshore development centers and making decisions while under operating margin pressure.
- Proven understanding of the difference between business drivers and architectural purity.
- Establishing a culture of innovation and assure intellectual property protection for the line of business.
- Enforce corporate policies and standards.
- Mentoring of senior technical people in the organization with dotted line report of architects in organization.
- Evaluation and assessment of skills, influence hiring process and continuously upskill the organization.
- Evaluate and influence people to project assignments.
- Leadership role in Release Planning, driving and delivering releases
- Assisting Execution Owners - designing solutions and delivery
- Cross Product Line influencer.
|Career Highlights: BMC Software 1996-present|
- Operations Architect for BMC SaaS offering
- Operational processes to manage over 2500 servers in 8 different datacenters
- Responsible for architecture blueprints and SoP's
- Development of a cross datacenter, real time asset discovery and reporting tool
Chief Architect Performance Management
- Designed highly scalable and reliable data integration layer for distributed data collection
- Author of Patent Applications in Systems Management space
- Internal consultant for Intellectual Property Litigations
- Architect for various product improvements like 'Direct Event Feed', 'Phone Home Capabilities'
- Architected/Developed integration component between ProactiveNet and PATROL
- Provide technical leadership over a team of about 200 developers in 4 geographies
- Member of the Patent Review Committee, responsible for reviewing Invention Disclosures
- Member of Architecture Review Board for Enterprise Service Management products
Service Management Solutions
- Defined Architecture for Event Integrations between BMC and third party products
- Designed/Prototyped a Service Impact Management Solution that allows calculation of the impact of a change in the infrastructure on the business.
- Architected/Developed a component for event driven publication of Service Models from the CMDB (ARS) to the Realtime Service Impact calculation system
Office of CTO
- Member of The Advanced Research Group, researches new markets and possibilities and assists the development teams with special projects.
- Development of an event collection framework.
- Development of a profiler for BMC's core service management product (rule based engine).
- Prototype development of an integration with IDS Scheer (Business Process Engine).
- Returned from Houston to Belgium (completion of temporary relocation).
- Member of the Architect Council, reporting to the Vice President of PATROL.
- Architected and developed SMP (Service Management Platform) for UBS (Union Bank of Switzerland); SMP was the impetus for the formation of BMC's BSM strategy.
- As main technical contact, managed project handover and product rollout.
- Responsible for development process : requirements, functional specification, design, training, code reviews and development (With a development team ranging from 2-10 over a period of 8 months).
- Relocation to BMC corporate headquarters in Houston, TX, USA on a 2 year temporary assignment.
- Authored documentation and sample code to support internal and external KM developers.
- Internal and external (M&A) product reviews.
- Developed a configuration tool that allowed group based configuration management with PATROL.
- Enhanced the PATROL agent to handle 'desired state threshold management'.
- Development of 'help authoring/help generation' tool for multi-platform helpfile creation.
- Authored 'PATROL Product Certification Manual' which provides the technical criteria for product certification for partners.
KM Design Specialist
- Wrote a 300 page 'advanced knowledge module developer course' and lectured that course to 80 people and 5 instructors.
- Author of several white papers like 'PATROL Tuning Guide', 'Using (D)COM for PATROL communication' and 'SNMP and PATROL'.
- Provided development support to all development partners worldwide (100+) and co-architected about 25 products with the partners.
- Conducted internal security reviews and audits on systems management products.
- Developed image manipulation utility for PATROL developers.
- First Software Consultant for distributed systems at BMC Belgium.
- Pre- and postsales to all Belgian customers.
- Internal training of new employees, both technical and sales.
- Developed field solutions (integrations with CA, IT/O, DEC cluster monitoring).
- Designed/developed/managed Systems management implementations in key accounts (Eurocard/Mastercard, Dexia, European Commission).
|Career Highlights: Kredietbank N.V. 1994-1996|
- Advised the development teams by helping them define database schemas.
- Wrote development guidelines and database utilities for schema management.
- Developed a change management tool that would enable automated rollout and maintenance of 800 Oracle databases without manual intervention (both the infrastructure and the schema's).
- Responsible for the deployment of PATROL to ultimately 800 HP-UX machines.
- Implement PATROL integration with OpC, distribution with HP SD (software distribution) and configuration through ICC/SWM (custom configuration management solution).
- Oracle training: DBA I & II : Maintaining and tuning databases, PL/SQL, PDO, Oracle Internals
- HP training: HP-UX system administration, OpC, Software Distribution, Performance Tools
- Stress testing, feasibility studies, proof-of-concept development in order to ensure a manageable environment.
- Developed parts of the the 'I2NSM' framework, an integrated management framework for network and systems management.